Fuse Scavenger Hunt: Can you answer these 20 questions?
1. Predict how long it will take you to find the answer to these questions.
2. Who is the President of the United States? Information on Presidents is at www.whitehouse.gov/about/presidents
3. How many presidents have there been before our current President?
4. In what state was the President born?
5. What presidents are on the penny, nickel, dime, and quarter?
6. The people who make laws for our country are called Members of Congress. Everybody has one Representative in Congress. Go to www.house.gov/representatives/find/ and find out who is our member of Congress. (You will have to use our home address.)
7. Who is the governor of Washington State? The governor's web site is www.governor.wa.gov
8. Where was he born?
9. Where did he go to college?
10. The people who make laws for our state are called Senators and Legislators. Different areas of the state are called districts. Who is the Senator and Legislators for our district? See app.leg.wa.gov/DistrictFinder/
11. Find pictures of our State Legislators. Have you met any of our State Legislators?
12. The people who run our city are called the City Council. Who is on Kirkland's City Council? See www.kirklandwa.gov/depart/council/Meet_The_Council.htm
13. Who is the Mayor of Kirkland? How long has she served on the City Council.
14. Who on the Kirkland City Council was previously Mayor of Redmond?
15. What City Council member did you help pass out leaflets for?
16. Information about Fuse is at www.fusewashington.org/about/. Which person on the Fuse staff likes pirates?
17. Which Fuse staff members are from Colorado?
18. How do you make a law? What the "I'm just a bill" video at www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyeJ55o3El0.
19. What happens if the President disagrees with a law?
20. How long did it take you to answer these questions? How did that compare with your prediction?