The results are in! More than 500 Fuse members from across Washington participated in our annual member survey in December. From prioritizing climate change and organizing more events outside King County to how much you LOVE our Progressive Voters Guide, your feedback will shape our plans for 2019.
Here’s a brief rundown of what you told us:
Fuse members' top three priorities for us in 2019: health care, climate, and balancing the tax code.
Beyond the top priority issues, 88 percent of you said the number of emails you receive from Fuse is about right, 35 percent want to receive text alerts, and 26 percent are interested in joining a local volunteer council. In addition, homelessness and housing affordability were the top local issues you highlighted and many of you want more ways to engage offline outside of King County and Spokane.
Here’s how you described Fuse in three words (other than progressive):
Many of you also said you didn’t have enough information to answer some questions and wanted to learn more about our work. Here are a few highlights from 2018 you might have missed:
- 355,000 people used our Progressive Voters Guide in the general election, more than one out of 10 people who cast a ballot.
- We registered more than 9,000 new voters last year – mostly women, young people, and people of color – in our target districts
- We exposed Reps. Devin Nunes and Cathy McMorris Rodgers with secret audio that was featured on The Rachel Maddow show and other national news outlets.
- We hosted more than 80 canvasses with 470 volunteers who knocked on 12,500 doors in support of taking action on climate change through I-1631
- We organized ballot parties and helped turn out progressive voters in Pierce County, South King County, and East King County to elect the most diverse slate of progressive state legislators ever.
You can read more and check out pictures of our recent work here: www.fusewashington.org/news/turning-tide
As a grassroots organization, we look to our members for our priorities and inspiration for the future. From organizing canvasses and registering voters to participating in lobby days in Olympia, our strength as an organization comes from activists like you. You told us you want more events, more ways to engage, and a bigger Progressive Voters Guide. With your continued support, we can deliver all this and more in 2019!